Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Funny Thing about Change

A funny think happened last week. My husband got an email saying that the soccer team that we signed our daughter up with did not have a coach and would we consider doing it. I considered it because of my love of the game and history playing it. I know nothing about coaching however. When it came down to it, I would have stepped up to allow my daughter to have the chance to play a sport I love. Turns out another mom stepped up. Yay!
When she called to introduce herself, I offered to help if she wanted an extra pair of hands. She jumped at the chance. I was thrilled at the thought of dusting off my cleats and kicking the ball around. The more I thought about it, the more I realized what I chance I had been given. A gift, really.
For all the times I lamented leaving my employer of 12 years with all the hurt and anger, I found myself realizing that I never would have been able to have this opportunity to coach my kids soccer team. A gift, truly. For every moment in tears over the circumstances of my departure from that job, I finally saw how I am supposed to be living my life.
Change is constant. We can fight it and beat our heads into a bloody pulp. Or we can embrace new beginnings. So many new beginnings this week for me. My oldest starts kindergarten, become a coach and I learn something new about myself. I can be happy staying at home with my kids. I don't need to find self worth in a job outside the home. My job at home is the most important one. I really didn't know when I would get to this place. I am glad I have. Funny thing about change.

No comments:

Post a Comment