Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chasing Feathers

Do you ever feel a little bit overwhelmed with what is going on in your life? I am feeling that way this week. To start the week, my mom in law went to the ER for 12hrs. I had three orders last week, one of which is the biggest I have ever done and I had to order supplies for it. This along with the normal day to day stuff with family and children, home, life, booking airline tickets has got me stressed, feeling like I am running in circles.
As I have tried to compartmentalize the "stuff", I still feel my head spinning. One thing at a time, do one thing at a time. Stop spinning the worst case scenarios around in your head.
I took time to prep the items I had for the big headband order. That included trimming and stripping feathers. What a mess! All that fluff floating around in the air. Try to sweep it into your trash can and it makes a bigger mess. Brush off your lap and the feathers start swirling everywhere. They are hard to catch and clean up.
Have you ever felt like you were grasping a something that was just fluttering around you? Really no chance of catching it despite your best efforts! That is me. When the feathers finally settled again, I had to laugh at myself and my situation. Even the vacuum won't get all the feathers because of the air that gets kicked up from the outflow. This is the part when I say, Oh Well. I can't control the feathers or what all is happening but I can try to have fun chasing them and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment