Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lessons Learned from one Mom



Thank you to our feature writer this week, Jen Lautenbach. I am sure many of you have had some of the same hard lessons in your house. Reminisce and laugh!

Lessons Learned!

Crest for Kids does nothing to freshen your breath!  Everyone in my house has a different tube of toothpaste.  My six year old insists on a tube that looks almost identical to mine.  Several times I have grabbed his instead of mine and it is a rude awakening.  The taste is sugary sweet, especially when you are expecting minty fresh.

When your 4 year old spends an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom, check the soap dispenser!  My middle son is fascinated with playing in the bathroom sink right now and making a huge mess.  He has also learned the fine art of filling the soap dispenser with water to hide the missing soap!  Remind me to start marking the liquor bottles in a few years!

Once a roll of toilet paper is un-rolled it cannot be re-rolled.  My 2 year old has taken to “fluffing” the toilet paper for us.  He is rather good at it and can complete the task silently and in less time than it takes you to have a quick, mom (only the most essential scrubbing needed) shower.

Business lesson learned:  DON’T QUIT!!  I was wavering on whether to embrace the jewelry business.  I joined Willow House because of the decor and when corporate announced in October that the decor was being discontinued I was in shock (to put it mildly).  In December I learned that my whole team was deciding to follow other paths.  This included my team leader that had inspired me for almost two years.  I felt very alone, but in January decided to really embrace the opportunity.  In February I reached record sales personally and in the company.  I received a call from Jerry Vitale, Willow House VP to congratulate me on my success.  I am the only representative left in Washington, so I have a huge opportunity to grow my business.  I am looking for partners in this endeavor.  Need extra money for school fees? Would you like to take a trip to Paris?  How about being your own boss?  What are your dreams?  I promise if you give me a few minutes of your time I will spend it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment