Thursday, October 11, 2012

Lil Fingers

Finally, I was able to escape to my room to craft last night. God bless my husband who encourages me to take time for myself. I did not lock the door but I was not rejecting the idea either.
I find myself crafting away when I hear lil footsteps coming down the hall. I hear someone brushing up against my door. Knock, knock softly hits my ears. "Mom?" Moooommmm? I give no answer. I hear daddy call down the hall to my youngest not to bug mommy.
Ten minutes later, I hear some similar noises coming from outside my door. This time I hear both my daughters rustling around. Then I hear some banging around of some unknown object. The next time I look over at my now fiercely guarded door, I see small items have been slipped under my door. I cannot tell if these are items of importance or just ones of close proximity that will fit under the door. A shoe, a purse, a magnet,  some popsicle sticks, a paper towel tube, all pretty random.
I hear my husband in the hall asking what the girls are doing. Little did I know that they have brought over some kid sized plastic chairs and parked them outside my door. In case there was a mommy sighting, the girls were ready.
Then I see the lil fingers poking under the door. I hear them patiently waiting for me to come out and play. I love those lil fingers. It is a great feeling to be so needed, wanted and loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment