Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Just Look Up

How often do you take the time to stop and look up? What I mean is, do you stop to enjoy the things around you? In my busy life, not often enough. I spend time shuttling kids to and fro, volunteering, doing all the mom related things, etc. When I am driving there is no good time to stop and look around. Best not to, if you ask me, especially if you are driving.
I had the pleasure of an afternoon outing with my family last weekend. I was in the passenger seat on our hour long drive up to Nooksack Falls. The cool weather has turned the leaves on the trees a beautiful golden yellow. I stared out the window almost the whole way up the mountain. It was amazing.
Seeing something so pretty got me thinking. How often to we spend our days with our noses pointed down. Whether I am in a book, on my phone or on the computer, quite often my face is downward facing. We miss seeing the beauty in the world around us. We miss the opportunity to see the faces of those around us. Those faces may offer a smile or a nod. Don't miss out on that.
Do you ever lay out on the lawn and stare at the sky and the clouds? Not often enough, right? Something so simple. Free, no charge and fun, not to mention relaxing.
Why not take minute to look out the window? Find something to appreciate and be thankful for. Why not? That might be just the thing to brighten your day or lift your mood. Try it. Just look up!

1 comment:

  1. So nice to have an opportunity like that to realize how big and amazing the world is! It's a good reminder to try to find this everyday!

    ReplyDelete