Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Little Hands

We are back this week with a blog post on family. Having small children at home gives me ample opportunity to find something good to write about.  



Have you ever held the hand of a baby? You feel the sweet, soft skin snuggle into your palm. There is nothing like it. It is amazing how strong the tiny grip on your finger can be. I never want to let it go. Something about the pure, loving grasp is intoxicating.
Fast forward a year and your little one is crawling or walking. Their feisty determination to learn is evident as they claw at the carpet to crawl or steady themselves on the couch as they walk. Hands a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger.
Snuggle the little one into bed at night. I cover my hand over hers. She knows I am there as she settles into her bed for the night. I loved sitting in her room tonight. My head resting on her bed, her arm around my neck, makes me smile. These are the moments that I want etched in my memory. Sweetness, love, you can't beat that.
These moments are why I stay home now. I did not learn to really appreciate times like these until I stopped working. For whatever reason I let myself focus on other things while I was employed. I feel like I missed out. I let myself miss out on the quiet moments. I feel so blessed to be able to refocus my priorities. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Life is short and precious. Don't miss it.
Now, I can sit and enjoy watching these little hands grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment