Thursday, August 23, 2012

How much is your time worth?

How much time do we spend picking up toys, mail, clothes, etc? How much time is spent being you? Probably not as much as being a wife, mom, maid, chauffeur, juggler or cruise director, right?
So, I spend a lot time crafting. While I have been more and more successful selling my hair accessories, I still don't sell enough to make a profit. So how do you price your items to really show the value of your time? I have seen some formulas but I am intimidated by how much that would jack up my prices.
My time is valuable. Your time is valuable. How do you find the balance between what your time is worth and what your items will sell for?  Haven't found it yet. Anyone have tips?
Not only are we as moms trying to find a way keep it all together but get value out of all of the other stuff we do everyday. Granted, at home we will never be paid for what we are worth. Can we find a value in just being a mom? Yes, but I think it easy to forget that we are valued.
Have faith that no matter what you do as a mom, wife and every other role is valuable and that you are valued in everything you do whether you see it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment