Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In My Pocket, In My Purse

I put my coat on last night to head into town. It was chilly outside. I reached into my pockets for my gloves and chuckled at what else came out with my gloves.
In one pocket, I found three pennies, a marble and a button. All treasures of my youngest daughter. She finds things she wants to play with in the car and rarely brings them back into the house. Somethings, I put those things in my pocket with the thought that I will give them back to her when we get home. Other times, the pennies, for example, are "found things" discovered while running errands.
While I have to shake my head at all the things that I manage to collect, I also have to smile at the small, insignificant, "important" treasures I carry with me. A little reminder of the mom in me.

I found myself wondering the other day, walking out the door, "what do I have in my purse that is making it so heavy?" At that point I was not in a place to be emptying my purse to lighten the load. I continue to put it off.
It did not take very long to figure it out. We went out to dinner and the hostess left one set of crayons for use between my two small children. How well do you think that worked? Right, not well. I dug in my purse and found a small box of crayons for just this kind of occasion. Next to the crayons was a package of oyster crackers, in case of a sudden fit of hunger, for my children. I also discovered a big wad of tissues for the random, messy hands or runny nose. I think I caught site of a princess or two and a few other miscellaneous kids related items.
I normally also have a pull-up/diaper and a small container of wipes in my purse. In other words, I carry a part of my house with me. No wonder my purse is so heavy. I would guess that the amount of kid items in my purse would outnumber the things "mom" things I carry. Funny how that is.
What random things do you unknowingly carry around?

No comments:

Post a Comment