Thursday, April 18, 2013

Do you trust Him?

"God has called us to rely on His grace to do the very best we can and to trust Him with the rest." Jim Daly from Focus on the Family.
It is not easy doing the very best we can. Nor is it easy to trust when you have horrible tragedies like the ones we have seen this week.
I read daily updates from an acquaintance battling cancer. I cannot fathom how this man, young father of three, war veteran and all around fun guy, has gotten to the place that he is currently. How can I trust God when it just doesn't make sense?
I look at the daily news for updates from the Boston bombings. Where is the sense in that? And, today the fertilizer plant explosion in Texas. Enough already. I like to think of myself as resilient rather than persevering, but this is starting get ridiculous.
Trust or blind faith?
In my opinion, we don't have to think of it as blind faith. We have seen the miracles of God's hand. We have experienced His grace and blessings.
The week has been disheartening and troubling, for sure. Trusting is not an easy thing right now. How about faith? How about knowing and understanding that we may not always see the big picture. Not easy, but how about we give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment