Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Little Darlings

Is there anything more precious than watching your children sleep? I can think of only a few. What is it about seeing a child sleeping that gives warm fuzzies?
I was up early today because I had a job interview. I needed to be up and mostly put together before my little darlings woke up. I have to admit that I was shocked to not only complete my shower uninterrupted but I ate a quiet breakfast, alone, and I did most of my hair and makeup before the girls got up.
I hated to wake them up considering they were sleeping in. I peaked in on my oldest first to see if she was awake but not up. Nope. She was snuggled under her Cinderella blanket, face covered by a crazy nest of curls. I smiled, took in the moment, not wanting to wake her up. I left her door open and went to check on my little one.
The littlest person in my family was snuggled in her blanket sleeper jammies with her favorite blankie wrapped around her. She stirred when I rubbed
her back but she did not wake up. I sat for a minute looking at her sleeping face. I put my hand over hers, she stirred again but still did not wake up.
I went back to my 5 year old who greeted me with a sleepy smile and happy sigh as I snuggled in next to her. We decided to get up and find her clothes to wear. In the process of heading to the kitchen for breakfast, my 2 year old heard us. We walked in to greet her and she was so happy to see mom and "thister".
I think I like watching my kids rest and/or sleep because they are so busy during the day. Seeing them at rest is calming to me. I love the quiet and peacefulness of them sleeping. I feel like I am reassured that if they are asleep they are healthy and happy and ok. It may be the hope that perhaps the quiet, angelic peace that lies with them will stay with them for more than just the night. Well, I can hope, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment